It has been a busy two weeks!

13:05



The last two weeks have been extremely jam packed, the first reason is that my family came over to stay and the second is that there was also a family wedding. Because i come from an Asian family when the member/s of my family decide to get married the weddings are usually jam packed and there are many pre celebrations full of color, laughter, excitement and loud LOUD music of course. I love attending these wedding but personally if i was ever to get married i definitely would keep the ceremony very simple and small but that is just me of course!:)

The only pre celebration that me and my family attended was the henna ceremony this where only women usually attend but at this celebration there were men which were of course related to the bride such as her brother and cousins so it was very surprising to see them there.

There was a lot of dancing and on performance stood out to me so much, firstly the boys side had performed which i would rate at a 5/10, just because the brides side had performance brilliantly, it was the first ever performance that really did stand out to me it really was great, the best i have seen yet at a henna ceremony (Mehndi)! I have included a link to the video below:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zCLLt0Z4w

I wore a green anarkali (dress) with tight green trousers and a net scarf that was heavenly embroidered in the center and the neckline. there was a banarsi (a traditional indian/authentic textile) trim at the bottom of the dress and some in the chest area. it was the first time i have ever worn this outfit as i bought it last year whilst i was shopping at a stall in Bradford, it cost £80 and was definitely worth it as it looked absolutely gorgeous and i got plenty of comments for it as well!

The venue - The white rose banqueting hall in Leeds was decorated so beautifully inside!


My families peace offerings to the bride, small love heart cakes that were decorated with icing using henna patterns as inspiration and flower garlands


These were gifts from another family, henna decorated candles, they look so pretty!


Me and my sister Hannah (me on the right)


Above, me and the bride to be on the left, Sophie. She looked gorgeous and so so happy

My cousin caught the perfect selfie moment haha;)


the net sleeves of my outfit are effortless, the small embroidery on the net looked so elegant.


Above an is an image of the banarsi material that my outfit consisted of, i love the gold authentic look that it holds





I will be making a post on the wedding soon as well, but what do you guys think of my outfit for this special occasion and have you been celebrating at all this summer? I would love to know so don't forget to post a comment below! Love reading them! 

Much love x




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the new layout of the blog! And i'm loving the blog post as well you have definitely had a busy two weeks I love the fact that there are a lot of pre celebrations in your culture! They are so colourful and bright like you said! xx x

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks jess! thought it was time for a change a more simple change! Aw yes i agree! xx

      Delete